The Great Brooklyn Wine Bar War: Wines of Chile at Villain

orig

Wine bars seem to be popping up all over the place these days. But have you ever seen one magically emerge from the ether in a span of 10 hours?

If not, you might want to stop by the sprawling Villain event space in Williamsburg this Wednesday, when four teams of top sommeliers will be pitted against each other—in a race to construct and successfully open four unique Chilean wine bars in one day. Sponsored by Wines of Chile, each squad of ball-peen hammer and corkscrew-wielding competitors (led by Anna-Lisa Campos of Momofuku, Victoria James of Marea, Chris Raftery from Corkbuzz and Morgan Harris, previously of Jean-Georges), will receive $2,000 to assemble their dream bar from scratch, along with sage advice from accomplished Brooklyn restaurateur and designer John McCormick, who will assist them beforehand in developing their off-the-cuff concept.

And that’s where you come in. Attendees to the grand opening on Wednesday night, held from 7-10pm, will be able to test drive the fledgling bars, watch a time-lapse video of the entire build, and then vote for their favorite, which will account for 25% of each team’s final score (professional judges will weigh in for the other 75%). So what are the stakes? Ok, so the winning concept won’t be going all brick-and-mortar or anything (although the contest could set the stage for some intriguing future collaborations), but they will receive—along with one lucky consumer—an all expenses paid trip to Chile!

Sounds like the makings of a hot Wednesday night out in Williamsburg.

To purchase tickets, visit here

Villain: 50 N 3rd Street, Williamsburg

Around Brooklyn

See More

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY