Home Tags Neil degrasse tyson

Tag: neil degrasse tyson

The Silent Barn knows how to put on a good time, and this Friday's event sounds like a really excellent one. In the vein of their past 100% robots and 100% dinos, it is an outer space themed party. Think Jetsons/1950s sci-fi b-movie outer space. It's on Friday, and it involves a Neil deGrasse Tyson musical and a drink called "RadioAction." What does all this mean? All kinds of things: Tarot readings, a soundscape of "epic...
Did you know that the planets, stars, and everything you can see make up less than 5 percent of the universe? That’s right. Five percent (and a smaller fraction than that, if we’re just talking about what you can see through the city’s lights). Of course, this little factoid begs the question…what is the other 95 percent? We can’t answer it ourselves, but the American Museum of Natural History’s Space Show Dark Universe – narrated by everyone’s favorite...
We BKmag-ers have always considered ourselves very fortunate to live and work in Brooklyn, but Manhattan does have something we don't and it's called Manhattanhenge. The twice yearly event is set to occur for the first time today and it will be a sight to behold. For those of you who may be new to the city, Manhattanhenge is a phenomenon recently popularized by man about town and Cosmos host, Neil deGrasse Tyson, wherein the setting sun...
As if your experience watching Cosmos every Sunday night wasn’t mind-blowing enough, now you can watch it at a Neil deGrasse Tyson­–approved bar getting drunk off of a Neil deGrasse Tyson–themed drink. What a world! Park Slope’s Pacific Standard announced the "Neil deGrasserac Tyson" cocktail on their blog Sunday after NDT himself recommended the bar as a place to watch last Thursday's rare "star blink" event during a debate at the American Museum of Natural History....